Subject: Re: sendmail licensing again
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1998 17:27:53
[ On Thu, December 10, 1998 at 12:34:13 (-0500), Todd Vierling wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: sendmail licensing again
>
> On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
> : I think that segregating code into separate areas just because of
> : licensing restrictions, especially if those restrictions are as
> : innocuous to the non-commercial "user", is rather silly and pointless
> : exercise.
>
> It's not ridiculous.  As far as `real' GPLed software is concerned, it's
> pretty necessary.

Sure it is.

Why can't those those that need to pick out and make available a
complete set of all the GPL'ed code, for example, do something similar
to this:

	pax -wzf gpl-src.tar.gz $(cat gpl-src.list)

?????

The only "hard" part is keeping the list up to date, but if my other
suggestion were implemented then the list could be generated
automatically.

--
							Greg A. Woods