Subject: Re: aix7xxx problems with negotiating "Ultra" speeds....
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/1998 09:38:00
On Wed 09 Dec 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 16:15:59 -0700
>  "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com> wrote:
>
>  > >I agree, and there ARE a lot of problems with the CAM code.
>  >
>  > Lots == 2?  Seems like a glowing recommendation!
>
> Did I say those were the only ones?

[ ... ]

I think there are 2 discussions intermixing:

  1- Is the FreeBSD CAM implementation technically sound and would it
     enhance our kernel. Is this the way to go...
  2- Is it feasible to do the implementation and to implement the missing
     bits like:
        - ATAPI support
        - HBA support
        - Target drivers

First we have to decide on 1, this is the most important one. If I read the
thread until now correctly, there are people willing to do some work on 2.
And I realize that the atari port is touched by this. It uses both the
ncr5380 and ATAPI... Ah well, it might be a good point to step over to the
MI 5380 driver ;-)

Leo.