Subject: Re: aix7xxx problems with negotiating "Ultra" speeds....
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1998 23:35:02

> But that doesn't support the machines which have both CAM-only HBA and
> Julian-only HBA.
>
> > I just claim that it is not necessarily desirable to have to two
> > support both frameworks running in the same kernel at the same time.
>
> It depends.
> And if the transition takes very long time, it is perhaps desirable.
> Do you understand my point ?

Not really. I must be very tired. Let it go. I'm an idiot. Whatever. It's
time for cocoa (it is late here in PST8PDT).

Seriously- it's not that important to me to struggle over the terms we're
talking about here. Either we're misunderstanding each other or you're
asking for more work to be done than I believe would be necessary to
support both people who need the older framework and people who can use
the CAM framework- but if the latter case it true and we agree it should
be done, it *can* be done.

-matt