Subject: package oddities...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Data In~rte~vgri}ity EnginNO CARRIER <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/1998 11:40:08
Hi, all, is there something going on with the packages lately, or is my
system fubar?  I keep getting messages like

pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/local/man/man1/<manpage>.1.gz'
pkg_create: can't stat `/usr/local/man/man5/<manpage>.5.gz'

They're non-fatal; the package in question gets installed, but the messages
indicate to me that something in the package does not correspond correctly
to what is actually being installed on the system.

When I go to delete the package, I get warnings about these same files:

pkg_delete: `/usr/local/man/man1/<manpage>.1.gz' doesn't really exist;...

et al.

The package appears to be deleted all right, but I find these warnings
kind of disturbing.

Any takers?

				--*greywolf;
--
Organized Religion (OR g@ nizd  re LIJ @n) n.  A "morally aligned" elite
consisting of people who want to change everyone else's world to be like