Subject: Re: 100baseT ethernet card questions
To: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1998 16:17:24
In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.981207160500.18928A-100000@rat.private.geico.com>, Sc
ott Bartram writes:
>Two weeks after purchasing a NetGear FA-310TX card with a Digital chip, I
>ordered another and it came with the "new" Lite-On PNIC chip. Is anyone
>working on code to support this chip? I can test/debug.

>If anyone has any code to support any of these cards, I'll happily
>test/help debug it. Otherwise, I'll probably look at adding support for
>the Lite-On to the tulip driver.

I had assumed it was a completely unrelated and dissimilar chip; is there
reason to suspect the tulip driver would make a reasonable basis for it?

Don't forget to write Netgear and tell them that, as a system integrator,
you cannot possibly recommend their cards, because it's impossible to tell
from the model number what hardware you're buying.  All they had to do was
make it a *new model*.

-s