Subject: pkgsrc KDE hangs?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@raptor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1998 13:52:46
Folks:
	I'm running -current as of a few days ago (Dec 4 or 5), a
	built-from-source (using the -current xsrc) XFree86 3.3.3
	(SVGA server on NeoMagic hardware) and KDE from -current
	pkgsrc as of about a month ago.

	I seem to have quite a bit of trouble with KFM, namely that
	it will lock up my whole machine after some small amount of
	time (< 10 minutes, generally).  I'm not running out of swap
	(last time I froze I was running a 'pstat -s' every 3 seconds
	and the last pstat ouput had my swap usage at 3Meg out of 64
	Meg total (the machine has 32Meg phys. memory).

	If I don't use KFM, I generally get pretty good uptime out of
	KDE... Last time I built world, I had a few xterms, a kvt and
	some other misc. stuff running and the build completed without
	any problems or hangs.

	Anyone see similar occurrences??

Thanks in advance!
--rafal