Subject: Re: Not building sendmail
To: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1998 11:19:25
maximum entropy writes:
> >From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
> >Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 13:07:22 +1100
> >
> >We already have a check for NO_SENDMAIL in usr.sbin/Makefile - is that
> >not enough?  Maybe there's a way to extend this so that if you have a
>
> I think this build flag should be documented in
> /usr/src/share/mk/bsd.README.

No.

I created it. It is temporary. It is a bad long term solution. It
makes building releases very hard. If you have multiple mail systems
in the tree, you need them all to be able to co-exist. NO_SENDMAIL is
just a temporary kludge for Matt Green and me and people like
us. Don't even think about it as permanent, please.

Perry