Subject: Re: sendmail 8.9.1.1
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1998 16:59:03
On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

: > will the next release of netbsd have sendmail 8.9.1.1?
:
: Possibly. I would guess that the new sendmail will be included if we
: can also include a non-restrictively licensed mailer as well

Sendmail is now under BSD license again.

It's the licensing of DB2 that is an issue, but I have suggestions to work
around that, including import of the old yet reliable sdbm database.

: I am currently looking in to putting in Postfix, which will be released
: officially on Dec. 11th and is far superior to sendmail (IMHO)

`POLS' violation, though.  This should IMHO be a pkg, and I have suggestions
relating to that in another thread that I'll probably talk to you about
around IETF.  :>