Subject: Re: NEC 53c810 SCSI?
To: Nathan Gelbard <gelbardn@hurrah.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/1998 23:46:21
On 04-Dec-98 Nathan Gelbard spoke unto us all:
# > "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@agames.com> writes:
# > > Hmm, well unfortunately at the moment I'm running on an Alpha, and it
# > > does not stay up long enough for me to run a build of the kernel because
# > > of what appears to be SCSI problems.
# >
# > You might try a different drive.  the ncr driver is highly sensitive,
# > and i've found in the past that that helps.
#
#  Dont get an IBM SCSI drive! They're great drives, but I've got a jumper
#  mess that actually allows the Alpha to SEE it, but beyond that, the kernel
#  choaks and choaks.

I have 4 IBM (conner builds, IBM remarks) that my lx164 can see fine.. I do get
occasional scsi quirks and timeouts with them though.  I never have any
problems with my Seagate Hawk (sun 4.2G).

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org