Subject: Re: (KAME-snap 242) NetBSD: how to sync with current?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/1998 20:51:21
On Dec 4, 10:46pm, "John F. Woods" wrote:
>> On some machines, it may take literally several days to build a
>>snapshot.
>
>How much progress (if any) has been made on cross-compilation?  Perhaps some
>of the slower platforms could be "adopted" by people with modern, fast
>machines, who could build (say) the monthly mac68k snapshot on a PentiumII/350
>in about 3 hours...

:)  Maybe VAX...  I've been doing a weekly snapshot for mac68k.  It took
about a day to build on my Centris 610 (until it died recently; a Quadra
650 should be arriving any day to replace it).  If a verified cross-
compilation mechanism was available, I could do them on my PC in the
meantime.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

While you don't greatly need the outside world, it's still very
reassuring to know that it's still there.