Subject: Re: wdc lost interrupt?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1998 09:32:30
Apologies if I implied your code would do such a silly thing!  All I
wanted to do was provide what I hoped would be an experience not too
far off track in case someone might benefit from my bad luck and wasted
time (and be able to avoid what is likely a rare case these days).

The result of the original Win/95 install was a "permanent" loss of my
secondary channel, regardless of what OS I booted afterward.  NetBSD did
not see the channel either after the Win/95 "install event."

I think the Win/95 behavior is somehow related to Plug-n-Play - but I'm
not sure.  This is what the Dell support folks told me (i.e. that Win/95
had disabled the secondary channel - I expect it is by accident - their
code likely has this side-effect rather than the explicit disabling).

-- Ken