Subject: Re: 1.3.2H install floppy - bad disklabel(8)?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/1998 20:26:50
Sometimes I have to reply to myself, since I don't make enough sense
the first time.

}You have to disklabel the disk before you can see the disklabel.  And
}it must have a disklabel before you can disklabel it interactively.
}The babble is just something it will do every time it sees the old
}partition ID.  If you don't want to disklabel it by hand, I still have
}the old install script lying around, that I hacked at so it will do
}initial disklabels.

Or you can just do 'disklabel wd0 > /tmp/disklabel.toshiba' then
'disklabel -R -r wd0 /tmp/disklabel.toshiba' then 'disklabel -r -i'
(disklabel wd0 was showing you a made up disklabel, not the one on the disk.)

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu