Subject: Re: recent gnu/dist/gcc/global.c fixes libgnumalloc probem with e
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/01/1998 14:34:55
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Dec 1998 08:12:01 -0000
>  Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com> wrote:
>
>  > I can confirm egcs on m68k, with default build options, works without any
>  > observable problems. This is on NetBSD/mvme68k.
>  >
>  > Time to make egcs default on m68k-based ports?
>
> I would agree with this.  We can almost purge 2.7.2.2, yay!

Celebration may be premature. The mac68k kernel built with egcs hangs
after "adb0 at obio0". This simulates a known problem, where the mouse
is moved before that point, except I'm not moving the mouse! It works,
though, when all the relevant devices are rebuilt with -O0
(the shotgun technique). I'll try to narrow it down better within the
next few days.