Subject: Re: LKMs' registration/uploading
To: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/1998 00:52:27
Michael C. Richardson wrote:

>   Why not do the relinking at module registration time?
>   Yes, this now makes you have to load the modules at the same addresses,
> but perhaps that is easier to deal with?

Yeah, I though about similar approach as well. Yes, it would be easier.

But you would have to wire down the memory for LKM, so it's no better
than directly loading the LKM into memory.

Problem could also be: how can I find out which module
is currently loading and supply proper load address ?
Sure, I can remember it's name and/or linked size from registration,
but it's not something looking "clean" for me. It can even have
some problems I can't see now.

--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?