Subject: Re: named broken?
To: I presume I need no introduction. <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/28/1998 13:06:55
Well, we switched to Bind V8 instead of Bind V4.  So you need to make a
new /etc/named.conf file instead of /etc/named.boot.  But fortunately,
there's a script you can execute to convert your old file to the new
format, named-bootconf

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, I presume I need no introduction. wrote:

> Okay, this is odd.  I rebuilt my name server over the LAST weekend,
> installed it THIS weekend, and it suddenly broke, causing all my mail
> to bounce for two days.  This is also the fault of the mail config,
> but that's another story entirely.  I restored the old named from tape,
> fixed sendmail.cf (brute force method) and it worked again.
>
> It reported being named version 8.something, I think.  It was very odd.
>
> I just now rebuilt named, and the (installed) manpage does not match the
> (rebuilt) binary.
>
> Can someone please elucidate as to what the hell went wrong (pardon my
> Klingon)?
>

> 				--*greywolf;
> --
> "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
>  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."  --unknown;

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |