Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: <>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/27/1998 21:33:27
}}Hmm, I've seen the "disk full" error message with sysinst several times.
}}Everytime it was because the disklabel/newfs/mount *failed* and nothing
}}was actually mounted.  Then sysinst happily tried to copy files over
}}to /mnt, which obviously filled up the ramdisk.  Drop to a shell and
}}verify you can mount the partitions off of the hard disk.

The reason I'm getting the disk full message is because the seg fault was
producing a core dump that filled up /.  I newfs'd a floppy, mount'd it on
/tmp, ran sysinst from /tmp, and now have a floppy with a sysinst.core on
it.  I tried a sysinst from 1.3.2F, that worked better but I don't have the
rest of the tree to install with it.  1.3.2H & 1.3.2I versions I've tried
seg fault.  (I've got another machine I've built new versions on.)

I did send-pr on this, but I wanted those concerned to know that sysinst
doesn't need that much more room yet... and that it may be worth disabling
core dumps on install floppies.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu