Subject: Re: any hope to get Solaris jdk 1.2 running on i386?
To: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/1998 12:12:38
On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Thorsten Frueauf wrote:

: But (I somehow expected that, as java is really a monster) it seems as
: java uses unfortunalty some unimplemented syscalls :-(

:    367 java     CALL  #209 (unimplemented resolvepath)

Hm.  I suppose we probably should look into implementing some more (newer)
Solaris syscalls.  resolvepath() looks almost trivial from what I see in the
Solaris manpage.

: So is it hopeless to get the jdk 1.2 from Solaris to work on NetBSD/i386?

Not if you use "green_threads", but that probably means implementing a few
more syscalls than just this.  To explain what "green_threads" is: