Subject: Re: "BSD Authentication"
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1998 19:34:50
Chris, I'm not asking these questions in order to be a Luddite.   I
definitely would like to have new authentication mechanisms available
to NetBSD users.   Kerberos V is pretty high on my list.   The
question is, do we need an elaborate, complex infrastructure to
support it, or do we just integrate it?   My general belief is that we
probably do want to consider integrating the BSD authentication or the
PAM authentication package, and that we may in fact, upon
consideration, integrate one of them.   But we need to consider it,
and make an informed decision.   And we need to consider the cons as
well as the pros.

			       _MelloN_