Subject: Re: "BSD Authentication"
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/1998 20:50:03
In message <199811240140.UAA02431@grosse.fugue.com>, Ted Lemon writes:
>> While I agree that we should pick one as the one we use (and it needn't
>> be either of PAM or BSD/OS), I think that either way, there may be some
>> value to writing the crossover module.  login_pam would be a pretty trivial
>> program, I'd expect.

>Can you explicitly state what the value of a crossover would be?

Let's say that we implement, e.g., BSD Authentication.  Someone has source
for a PAM module to handle an authentication scheme, but no source for a
BSD Authentication module.  It might be convenient to just use 'login_pam'
as a wrapper and use that PAM module.

Similarly, if you had a bsdauth.so, for PAM, it might be more convenient
for setting up simple authentication wrappers.

-s