Subject: Re: "BSD Authentication"
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/1998 19:51:28
On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:

// PAM is similar, but doesn't require communication with a server (or
// "middleman server", in the case of things like YP or SQL or radius).
// The code is run in the space of the process doing authentication,
// via a shlib.

	If PAM is becoming a standard, then why shouldn't it be supported?
It certainly simplifies a lot of development for portable applications.
It means that portable applications can seperate authentication from the
rest of the app.  I'm preparing to do some weird auth stuff at work, and
I'm not really looking forward to making all applications work with
whatever I come up with (not to mention re-building and making sure
everything has the new bins).

--
SA, beyond.com                            The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>