Subject: Re: apmd battery/line script names
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1998 16:25:35
Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

> There _is_ a battery low indicator, but not all versions of the APM
> BIOS seem to indicate this (my laptop does, for example - you just get
> a percentage).  It would certainly be possible to run a script on
> either "battery low" or a battery charge below a certain percentage.

This "extra" feature argues for a "powerstatus" script and it gets an
argument: line, battery, battery low, and other generic info about the
battery.  I might like to know when I'm at 50%.  On the otherhand,
maybe all of these are events.  Also, I want a transition when the
line fails and my desktop switches over to UPS battery.  What do
we call this?