Subject: Re: arm32 -current installs DOA ld.so
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1998 04:36:46
> Replace and rebuild (as part of a make build, I suppose):
> /usr/bin/{as,ld}
> /usr/libexec/{ld.so,cc1*}
> I believe it *should* work after that.  The snapshot patches are close
> enough to today's sources that they *should* work.  :/

Well, the ld.c patch had conflicts with #ifdefs that were added next
to it, and the src/Makefile acquired a second copy of the ARM .if -O0
(neither of which are showing up in the log output, so I moved them
down to the dhcp/sa directories that actually need them).

The patched -current, modulo rebuilds of install/compile_et/mk_cmds,
built perfectly the first time with 'make build'. Yay!!

The DESTDIR build finished okay as well. maketars is still running.

Unidiffs from -current as of early Nov 17 are available at
	ftp://ftp.toddpw.org/arm32-current.patch

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com