Subject: Re: New IDE control program & changed to apmd
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1998 14:34:44
[ posted and mailed ]

> With these two things you can now do things like only set the disk
> spindown timer when you're on battery power.  Right now that is perhaps
> the _only_ useful thing you can do, but I believe this framework is
> general enough to allow other things to be done (once we figure out
> what they are :-) ).

Tweaking the backlighting / DPMS mode of the LCD display would
probably also be a good idea.  The backlighting takes a power.

BTW. a i386 kernel built from today's sup panics on boot at wdc probe.
I assume this isn't related to your changes, but it will put a crimp
on me trying out the new code. ;-( What info do folks need to look
into this?  How do I best store the ddb backtrace on something less
volatile than the LCD screen.  I guess I could take a picture and put
the jpeg up. ;-)

-wolfgang "lost without gdb"
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht                       <wolfgang@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>