Subject: None
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1998 18:21:44
Hi,

> Is the problem that sysisnt is running out of space on the root
> ramdisk?  if so, why not create (newfs) a new ramdisk and mount it as
> /tmp?  There's no need to carry `free [ramdisk[ space' around in the
> intialized data segment if we can create it on the fly.

Hmm, since the kernel is compressed on the boot media anyway, the
difference in size shouldn't matter for the media, and since you would need
the space for your second ramdisk in main memory anyway, it wouldn't make
any difference there, too.  (Actually, due to overhead the second ramdisk
would probably require more main memory).

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800