Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1998 22:09:09
}: I booted off the boot.fs disk, went immediately into sysinst, chose install
}: NetBSD, it found my one hard drive, asked if it was what I wanted to use,
}: then said:
}: uid 0 on /: file system full

}: The disk is already entirely partitioned for NT, but I want it wiped for
}: NetBSD... shouldn't it deal with that?

}The ramdisk ran out.  Happened to me too.  I nuked /etc/{s,}pwd.db in the
}ramdisk root the next boot, and it had enough room to do everything.

Thanks, I'll do that.  I felt silly right after I sent my previous mail,
when I realized / wasn't my hard drive, but the ramdisk.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu