Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1998 22:55:42
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Tracy J. Di Marco White wrote:

: I booted off the boot.fs disk, went immediately into sysinst, chose install
: NetBSD, it found my one hard drive, asked if it was what I wanted to use,
: then said:
: uid 0 on /: file system full

: The disk is already entirely partitioned for NT, but I want it wiped for
: NetBSD... shouldn't it deal with that?

The ramdisk ran out.  Happened to me too.  I nuked /etc/{s,}pwd.db in the
ramdisk root the next boot, and it had enough room to do everything.

Perhaps the non-tiny install disk should use a 2MB ramdisk, instead of a
1.44MB one?