Subject: NetBSD/i386 Nov 17 1998 snapshot
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 11/18/1998 22:21:55
Hi,

I have prepared a snapshot of NetBSD-current for i386 based on
sources from dated somewhere between November 17 and November 18
1998.  This means that the change about not releasing the pciide
slave channel mappings are in, but the changes to support hot
swapping of PCMCIA cards is not (fully) in (to the extent that
they're fully in in -current).

A few notes:

 o This snapshot has been built with egcs 1.1.1-pre-release and
   with gas.new.

 o The GENERIC kernels in this snapshot contain the PS/2 mouse
   device driver (pms0).  The problems which earlier caused it to
   be excluded are now thought to be gone.  Note that if your
   system has many PCI devices, your BIOS should now prevent
   allocation of irq number 12 to PCI devices, as the pms0 device
   will now claim it (that bit me on my test system, anyway, with
   4 PCI devices).

The snapshot can be found in release(7) format in

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-19981117/NetBSD-1.3H/i386/

The sources this snapshot was built from is available in

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/snap-19981117/NetBSD-1.3H/source/

As last time, this hasn't received very thorough testing by me,
but again, the build machine did at least stay up while building
this snapshot running a kernel based on these sources, for
whatever that is worth.

The LAST_MINUTE file, this time in snap-19981117/NetBSD-1.3H/ still
contains a few notes for those of you willing to experiment with
installation on 4M machines, and this time the swapctl command
should really be available...

If I don't hear wild protests, the two oldest i386 snapshots will
be removed shortly (in a day?) to free up some space on the ftp
server, i.e. the July 23 and the October 31 snapshots will be
removed.

As always, please report any bugs found.

Regards,

- H=E5vard