Subject: Re: coda and non -i386 platforms?
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1998 13:33:51
Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>
> > Sean Doran writes:
> > > Is anyone doing any work on porting coda to platforms other than -i386?
> >
> > not to my knowledge, although reputedly it isn't difficult.
>
> What needs to be done? I.e. what's port (arch?) specific?

coda/lib-src/mlwp/process.s needs to be retooled to your architecture.
There is some old dead code in the file that you might be able to
resurrect for other platforms.  At present, only the x86 case
(and possibly linux sparc) work(s).  coda is a package under net/
so it should be easy enough to build.  Of course, setting it up
and using it is harder.