Subject: Re: CDROM detection (again)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/1998 13:24:56
>> #ifdef'ing this code out made my CD-ROM drive start working.  Jonathan,
>> can you see if this works for you?

>I doubt. Jonathan's problem is that his drive doesn't respond to the
>IDENTIFY command.

manuel,

that cannot be the whole story, becuase the drive does indeed work
with netbsd 1.3F and even with earlier versions of your ATAPI patches
(going back all the way to 1.2).  is there any way netbsd could obtain
and print out  the

    wdc0 at isa0 port 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14
    atapibus0 at wdc0
    cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <CD-ROM CDU76E, , 1.0g> type 5 cdrom removable

which I see with NetBSD 1.3F? Isn't that info inside the <> from the
drive's response to the IDENTIFY command?

There _was_ a point where the ATAPI patches failed to attach this
drive, and you fixed something; i just dont remember what it was.