Subject: Re: TCP NFSv3 problems under current?
To: Daniel Hagerty <hag@ai.mit.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1998 10:22:39
On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 08:05:02PM -0500, Daniel Hagerty wrote:
>     Tcpdumps of traffic on the wire show the netbsd machine sending
> NFS null procs, and replies coming back, but the netbsd box doesn't
> seem to see them(?).

The client should never send out NULL requests, the code never calls
the function for it. I've seen one report of this before, about a
month ago.

You're not using egcs, are you?

Could you send me a tcpdump output, preferably starting just before
the problems occur? Plus a 'ps axl' output showing all processes
hanging on nfs (nfsiod plus the applications).

- Frank