Subject: arpresolve message and strange behavior
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/1998 02:39:54
I have an alpha system running 1.3G and after an uptime of about 41 days
I had to reboot it :(

after adding an arp entry marked pub for a win95 host I found that
no more tcp/ip connections could be made to systems that were not
on the local network.

existing connections worked fine but no new ones could be created.

in /var/log/messages I found many of these...

Nov  9 02:19:39 anomoly /netbsd: arpresolve: unresolved and rt_expire == 0

I know this isnt much to go on, but I am curious if anyone could
tell me what this message means and if anyone else has had any similar
experiences.

Thanks,
Nick Maniscalco