Subject: Re: MX98713 support for NetBSD?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: KOUCHI Takayoshi <kouchi@kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/1998 18:53:13
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>

> > de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold 96|256)
> > de0: abnormal interrupt: transmit underflow (raising TX threshold 128|512)
>
> I get this on my NetGear cards, too, on 2 AMD K6/233 systems with
> VIA (VP3, I think) chipsets.  I ran across a message on one mailing
> list that suggested this could be caused by poor DMA hardware.  I
> haven't had a chance to look at it for myself.

My case with MX98713 seems not due to poor DMA hardware.

I have checked my card's behaviour after I posted the last mail,
and found that it tries to resend the same packet which is already
sent. Probably this behavior causes the transmit underflow...

BTW, I use it with LX chipset mainboard and PII-233MHz.

---
Takayoshi Kouchi