Subject: i386 wscons switching problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1998 01:43:32
I'm running a day or two old -current (i386), and I just discovered
that switching between consoles when running X and using wscons doesn't
work.

By "doesn't work" I mean that you can switch to another console fine,
but when you try to switch back, X never goes back to graphics mode;
it's just stuck at text mode.

>From my recent invesitgation, it seems like what happens is that the
never never calls that VT_RELDISP ioctl(), and from then on everything
goes to hell (I could be wrong, because the USL screen swiching code is
a bit confusing to me).

Before I go further, has anyone else seen this?

--Ken