Subject: Re: RAID Question,
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1998 11:21:59
Yes, Ames has some of these too. I've been having some problems
with them- but it's not clear what the actual problem sources
are:

+ The batteries don't seem to stay charged (controls how
much writeback to do

+ We supposedly have the differential version. The termination for
the host config doesn't stay set.

+ Writes get (SCSI) parity errors.

I'm trying to sort this out. One issue is the Adaptec sends
an IGNORE WIDE RESIDUE message which the AIC driver doesn't grok.

If one sorts this all out- they *do* look like a nice choice
unless you want to do software raid.