Subject: Re: RAID Question,
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1998 11:11:32
On 28 Oct 1998 11:28:05 -0700
 Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu> wrote:

 > We've got an Adaptec AEC-4412B here.  We just received it, so I
 > haven't had much chance to play with it, but it appears to be a really
 > nice piece of equipment.  It's not a RAID controller card; it's an
 > external device, with three SCSI interfaces:  one for the host and two
 > for disks.  It's configurable via buttons on the front panel or by a
 > serial cable that speaks VT100.  It'll do RAID 0, 1, 0/1, 5, and
 > either 3 or 4; I don't remember which.  I think we paid about $1800
 > for it.

Those little Adaptec guys are pretty cool.  We have a few of them chugging
away on NetBSD systems here at NAS.

We're also planning on getting RAIDFrame integrated Real Soon Now (as soon
as some kernel threads issues are worked out..)

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942