Subject: Re: RAID Question,
To: Kevin S. Brackett <ksb@abyss.net>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1998 11:28:05
We've got an Adaptec AEC-4412B here.  We just received it, so I
haven't had much chance to play with it, but it appears to be a really
nice piece of equipment.  It's not a RAID controller card; it's an
external device, with three SCSI interfaces:  one for the host and two
for disks.  It's configurable via buttons on the front panel or by a
serial cable that speaks VT100.  It'll do RAID 0, 1, 0/1, 5, and
either 3 or 4; I don't remember which.  I think we paid about $1800
for it.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu