Subject: Re: dhclient support.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/1998 22:05:56
> When you bind to INADDR_ANY, it appears that you end up only
> listening on interfaces that are up at the time of the bind, and on
> the addresses in use at that time.

Surely this is a bug, and the right thing to do is to fix it, rather
than dick about with syslogd?  (Without having looked at either, I'd
guess the amount of effort involved in the two tasks is comparable, and
the win for fixing INADDR_ANY is surely much bigger.)

Are you sure it's even true?  Skimming udp_usrreq.c and in_pcb.c, it
sure doesn't look as though it ought to be true...but it's late enough
that I can't take the time to write a test program now.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca