Subject: Re: biosboot broken?
To: None <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/1998 14:08:47
Hi,

> I then rebooted from the floppy, interrupted the boot countdown, and
> typed:
>
> boot sd0a:netbsd
>
> The response was (this is from memory, may be only approximately correct):
> boot: sd0a:netbsd: Input/output error

Hmm, since the last major modifications to the boot blocks were be me
(the support of int13 extensions, which accidently wasn't documented in
the version number; I just corrected that), it's likely that this is
my fault :-(.

While I did test something similar with booting from floppy and reading
the kernel from wd0a (which did work ok), I didn't do that for some scsi
disk.

Fortunately, I may be in the position to do this latter test in a few
days, so I may be able to investigate this further.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800