Subject: Re: proc size...
To: None <freeman@lbpc.com, perry@piermont.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1998 16:36:58
> From current-users-owner-ross=teraflop.com@netbsd.org Mon Oct 26 14:36:12 1998
> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:57:25 -0600
> From: phil freeman <freeman@lbpc.com>
> To: perry@piermont.com
> CC: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>, current-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: proc size...
>
> Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > > ok.. uh what is a userland?
> > All that which is not in the kernel is userland.
>
> ahh, i see.. thank you kindly. do you think it would be wise for me to
> just use this cvs thing to keep it current ? or is that just for peopl
> who are developing ?

Actually, since you are running NetBSD/alpha, and since that platform is one
for which there are regular binary snapshots, and since you seem to like to
run -current kernels, what _you_ should do is download the latest binary
snapshot -- it's only a few days old -- and install that. See

	/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/snapshot

Although it mostly works to just untar the sets from single user mode,
(think twice before unpacking etc.tgz, and see installboot(8)), the official
way is to create an installation floppy set.  You then boot from the floppies
and drive the sysinst screen-menu program.

  --Ross Harvey