Subject: Re: makelinststub trips over sh bug when making LintSysNormal.[c?
To: current-users@netbsd.org, Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1998 01:47:30
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.current-users: 25-Oct-98
makelinststub  trips over s.. by Jonathan Stone@DSG.Stanf
> On a pmax, with source supped sunday, with either sh built
> from Sep 29 source, Oct 3 source, or today's source,  building
> LintSysNormal  crashes with:
>
>                /usr/src/lib/libc/sys/makelintstub: arith: syntax
error: "
>  ow†       o-n"
>
> *** Error code 2
>
> so seems like a sh bug. Question is, is anyone else seeing this,
> on pmax or on other ports?

    I saw this on my 3100, running ~1.3E binaries and sources sup-ed a
week or so ago.  FWIW after doing a "make -k all install" (and waiting a
few days...  =), I was able to do a make in lib/libc and lint didn't
fail.  No clue what broke, but it seemed to have fixed itself on my
system...  =)  Didn't see the problem at all on my sparc or i386 boxen.

    HTH.

                                                          Will Ferry