Subject: makelinststub trips over sh bug when making LintSysNormal.[c?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/1998 19:01:46
On a pmax, with source supped sunday, with either sh built
from Sep 29 source, Oct 3 source, or today's source,  building
LintSysNormal  crashes with:

	       /usr/src/lib/libc/sys/makelintstub: arith: syntax error: "      ow†       o-n"

*** Error code 2

after building the first file.

I've found that
   a) if I break up the list of files in lib/libc/sys/Makefile.inc's
      ${ASM} into about four equal pieces, I can build any three of the
      four;
   b) that if I run sh over the script with sh -v, I can get about
      1000 bytes into the list of files, and then it gets truncated.
   c) that if  I use ksh to run the script, it works fine.

so seems like a sh bug. Question is, is anyone else seeing this,
on pmax or on other ports?