Subject: Re: Amanda backups: gtar or dump?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/1998 14:50:08
On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, der Mouse wrote:

// > Also, I was a bit reluctant to re-enable rsh on my systems - even
// > though it is blocked at the ppp link.  Has anyone hacked amanda to
// > use ssh?
//
// The amanda I've used doesn't require rsh; it just happens to use the
// same files (.rhosts) for its authorization tests.  (I don't think
// this is *good*, mind you, just that it's what that amanda does.)

	Oh, it'll also use kerberos IV.  I never got it working with 5,
though (didn't try too hard).

--
SA, beyond.com                            The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>