Subject: Re: Strange ld.so messages
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1998 16:01:30
On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

: > I don't think it is _affecting_ anything, but I think this may be a ld bug.
: > I had this problem with some of the libiberty stuff in libbfd.so a while
: > back, and it arbitrarily went away on its own.
:
: I get this from nearly every command i run, so it is very annoying.

I know.  Same happened when libbfd was doing it.

: This is NOT from linking a library.

AFAICT, it's caused when libc is linked, and then the ld.so report is
triggered later, when you run a command.  This is from casual testing,
nothing concrete.

: Btw, I forgot to mention that I use gcc and not egcs.

Same with when I was having problems with libbfd.