Subject: Re: Why is Samba so much slower on NetBSD than FreeBSD?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1998 21:08:02
Hi,

unfortunately I forgot who actually wrote this report,
but I hope he's is reading this list. Have you got
enough disk space to install a minimum FreeBSD installation
on the slow responding system? If so, I'd suggest you
try to install FreeBSD on it and see how it performs.

This comparison should be able to tell if NetBSD
or the hardware is slow with samba. You should
try to make the situation as comparable as possible,
i.e. running the same programs, having the same
amount of users logged in (or try to simulate
the situation) while trying to access samba.

How about it?

  Guenther