Subject: Re: an emulation environment dilema...
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/1998 22:18:30
[ On Thu, October 22, 1998 at 18:47:42 (-0700), Jonathan Stone wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: an emulation environment dilema...
>
> Did you already try using a symlink  that contains the
> absolute pathname:
> 	 bin ->  /emul/sunos/usr/bin
>
> in /emul/sunos/? Did it work?

Yes, but it didn't work.

Neither did making /emul/sunos/bin a real directory and
/emul/sunos/bin/arch a hard link to /emul/sunos/usr/bin/arch.

I also tried making the /emul symlink into an absolue pathname, but that
didn't work either.

Lastly I found there was enough room on my root partition for all of
/emul, so I moved it all there and thus eliminated every symlink and
still it did not work.

I think the maual page is actually correct and that in fact there is no
attempt to try prefixing with /emul/sunos any absolute filenames used by
emulated processes.

I'll leave someone else to dive into the code though -- I'm not at all
familiar with the emulation stuff....  Should I send-pr it (if there's
not already something similar in the PR db) though?

--
							Greg A. Woods