Subject: Re: Cscope for NetBSD
To: Paul M. Newhouse <newhouse@pimin.rockhead.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1998 13:48:14
[ On Wed, October 21, 1998 at 09:42:15 (+0200), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Cscope for NetBSD
>
> On Oct 21, Paul M. Newhouse wrote
> > Does anyone know where to find the source for Cscope?
>
> Isn't this copyrigthed by at&t ? I don't think the sources are
> public.

Full details are here:

	http://www.lucent.com/ssg/html/cscope.html

There is a free (and redistributable?) subset clone available:

	http://www-lti.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~michael/projects/cs.html
	ftp://cantor.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/unix/cs.tar.gz

The real Cscope is included on the Lucent Technologies (aka Bell Labs! ;-)
Software Toolchest Volume II CD-ROM, which is only $495[usa] for an
unlimited source code license (which is a damn good price for the
content!).  The binary sub-licensing fee for Cscope alone is an
additional $1,500[usa].

If you're going to pay for some such tool I think from what I've heard
third-hand that CIA is a bit more capable and current than Cscope:

	http://www.lucent.com/ssg/html/cia.html  (C information abstractor)
	http://www.lucent.com/ssg/html/cin.html  (C Interpreter)
	http://www.lucent.com/ssg/html/vice.html (Visual C Environment)

Unfortunately the pricing's not given on those pages....

(See?!?!?  Who the heck needs Microsoft for fancy GUI development
environments anyway!!!!  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods