Subject: Re: Looking to make a Sparc bootable cdrom, any instructions?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1998 07:22:18
> I'd like to make a Sun4c and Sun4m bootable cdrom
> which I can use for a custom install.  Anyone know where I might look for
> instructions that tell me what I need, how to slice up the disks to get
> those partitions which differentiate the Sun4c and Sun4m boot partitions,
> etc?

 I investigated the same topic, but failed so far. It seems you need to
create the standard ISO filesystem (ie. using mkisofs) and then prepend
or better integrate a "standard" SUN diskblock to make the CD look like
a hard drive for the Boot ROM.

 If you get any further instructions or help, please let me know.

--
Markus Illenseer