Subject: Re: spray and fxp0
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1998 09:48:08

MB> It's a different buffer pool. You need to increease the
MB> NMBCLUSTERS kernel option. Default is 256, or 512 with the GATEWAY
MB> option.

MB> You may need to increase NKMEMCLUSTERS as well.  For details, see
MB> options(4).

I *really* don't want to start another flame war with this, but I've
got a question:

What are the reasons for not having these pools dynamically allocated?
For as long as I've been using NetBSD (since about 0.9), there have
been occasions when I've had to resize these pools for various
reasons, and kernel compiles are always necessary.  It's kind of a
pain.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu