Subject: Re: A few random -current questions
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1998 15:45:50
> William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>:
> [searchs suggestion for keeping kernel config file up to date]

On 19 Oct 1998, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo:
> [Generates diffs and compares by hand]

I use this script for keeping an uptodate config file. LABITZKE is my own
config file. Perhaps not the best solution, but it works fine for me. I
frequently check the complete config for new drivers I can disable,
because I don't use them, in addition to checking for any patch-problems
that got appended to the file.

cp LABITZKE LABITZKE.old
cp GENERIC LABITZKE
diff --minimal -bBd GENERIC.old LABITZKE.old >.diff
echo >LABITZKE.rej
patch LABITZKE .diff
cat LABITZKE.rej >>LABITZKE
vi LABITZKE
cp GENERIC GENERIC.old
config LABITZKE

After that I start make depend and make by hand.

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke   | E-Mail: hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de
PGP-Key available | Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)