Subject: Re: A few random -current questions
To: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1998 07:39:31
William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU> writes:

>     Also, anybody have any nifty suggestions on ways to keep their
> kernel config file up to date?

Whenever I upgrade to a newer -current, I keep copies of a number of
files from the old source distribution around during the upgrade,
notably /sys/arch/*/GENERIC and the /usr/src/etc directory.  For the
GENERIC config file, I diff the old and the new, and then read the
diff listing to see what I need to change in my own config files.  In
/usr/src/etc I do the same for the files that have been modified in
the new distribution and that I know I've changed, and just copy the
new versions that I haven't changed into place.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"